Harold C Pritchett <HAROLD@UGA>
Fri, 13 Mar 87 18:42:16 EST
If NICSERVE  saves large file  requests until after  midnight when most  of my
users have logged off and gone home I have no problem with using DISTRIBUTE to
send the files.  Especially when the alternative  is for me to have  to wait 3
weeks and still not get my file, or to have to receive and then send 10 copies
to people  beyond me in  the network.  I'd just as  soon receive one  copy and
generate the others needed.

NICSERVE  needs to  have a  size  threshold beyond  which files  are sent  via
distribute.  Small  files  can be  sent  now,  big  ones  should be  held  and
DISTRIBUTED  after midnight  to everyone  who requested  them in  the past  24
hours.

Harold