Adam Kuhn <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:34:29 -0400
We are standing up our own ListServ server and wish to place a hosted anti-spam service in front of it.

My company already uses MXLogic as its hosted anti-spam service, but it and most other services are "per mailbox" based.  However, as I see it, this type of model does not align with the mechanics of a listserv.  Every list on a listserv has multiple iterations of email addresses, and those would need their own accounts and series of aliases.  L-Soft does not recommend this.

The stock solution from L-Soft is to install an AntiSpam solution such as SpamAssassian directly onto the LSoft Server, or on a separate box.  I'd like to avoid this, if at all possible.

Is anyone out there using a hosted AntiSpam solution to filter messages going to their ListServ?  If so, what service are you using and can you configure it to just filter everything, rather than setup individual email addresses?

Thanks.

Adam in DC