Jeffery Boes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:56:23 -0400
List requestor:  Jeff Boes <[log in to unmask]>
Proposed name for list: mtg-team-virtual
List purpose: Group discussion of Magic: the Gathering collectible card
game.
Explanation:
Many serious students of the game Magic: the Gathering belong to a "team":
a loose association of players who meet for playtesting, deck design open
discussions, and practice.  Others, especially those in geographic areas
without a lot of serious MtG play or tournaments, have no such face-to-face
opportunities.  This list will be an attempt to address that inequity by
connecting these "lone wolf", serious students of the game.

Members would discuss current deck designs, contribute to tuning and
playtesting each other's decks, and schedule on-line games (via Apprentice
or similar Internet play aids) or e-mail games.  The intent is to offer
serious opponents who would be willing to take up a "sparring partner"
role, playing a particular type of deck against a playtester trying to tune
his or her deck.  Participants would be expected to play the "sparring
partner" as often as they do the deck-playtester.

We are also working to set up a Web page at which new deck designs could be
uploaded and downloaded for use in these online playtest sessions.

The list is expected to be fairly low-volume, and a digest-only mode would
be acceptable if posted once a day.  The subscriptions would be closed,
only so we can filter out those who would "lurk" and thus learn more than
they teach and aid.  It is our intent to let anyone in, at least for a
trial period.

I am not a participant in the LSTSRV-L list, so please send responses to
the address in the signature.

--
Jeff Boes
(not what you may see in the header...)