"Harris, Katalin" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 14:45:10 -0800
I tried the following:

* Review= Public   Subscription= Open     Send=public
* Notify= Yes      Reply-to= List,Ignore       Files= No
* Validate= No
* Notebook= Yes,/home/listserv/home,monthly,public
* Digest= yes,same,daily,16:00
* Default-options= MAIL, SHORTHDR, REPRO, ACK
*
* Owner= [log in to unmask]
* Editor= [log in to unmask]

and still received the message from our listserv:

> set listserv-l index for [log in to unmask]
Invalid subscription option - "INDEX". No action taken.

I am curious as to why it would not let me set the user to INDEX rather
than digest.
According to the documentation, if you have the notebook and digest
setup, it should
automatically allow one to use index.  Am I missing something?  Does a
INDEX file
structure need to be created?

Kathy Harris

----------------original posts below----------------