"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:55:46 EDT
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:01:45 -0400  said:
>On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:35:05 CDT, Tracey McCartney
><[log in to unmask]>Tracey
>McCartney <[log in to unmask]>  said:
>> About a week ago, Listserv Lite stopped sending mail out to my
>> subscribers.  The logs show a "550 Relaying is prohibited" message for each
>> recipient.
>
>Check if your mail system does ORBS filtering.  If so, disable that,
>as they finally finished going belly-up last week (the ORBS system had
>stopped returning replies in early June, and last Friday night they
>started returning bogus replies so you'd reject all mail - presumably
>to make you sit up and take notice and stop trying to use ORBS).

ORBS went out of business.  Unfortunately, ORDB, ORBL, ORBZ and
a couple others picked up the business, and they have different
rules for testing than ORBS, and they don't list the rules.
We passed the ORBS, but failed the ORDB tests, and we had to change
our processes to handle it.  All the ORBS clones seem to have started
with the ORBS database, and retested everyone, but didn't send warning
email about being added to their database.  Also, ORBS provided
a template of what their tests were, but none of the clones do.
You have to try it and hope for the best.

>                                Valdis Kletnieks
/ahw