Veronica Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Oct 1990 15:37:21 EDT
1)  What is the most efficient method of assigning a long string
    to the 'Send=' keyword in a list header?
    I have been using multiple 'Send=' statements.
    I attempted to define a variable in the LOCAL SYSVARS file, such as:
            STAFF= '(DEPT-1),(DEPT-2)',
           '(DEPT-25),(DEPT-26),user1@node,user2@node'

    Then, in the list header of each DEPT-xx list 'Send= STAFF'
    was used.  Unfortunately, LISTSERV rejected this assignment in the
    LOCAL SYSVARS file.

2)  If the CACHE file has 1 entry per keyword, am I correct in
    estimating that the maximun length of the 'Send=' keyword
    parameter would be constrained by the 256 LRECL of the CACHE file,
    or can the CACHE file contain multiple keyword entries?

Thanks for your responses.

Veronica Timm
VM/CMS and AS/400 Technical Support
York University