John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:25:29 -0500
> We recently had a migration of mail from one machine to another.  The
> old name (saturn.vcu.edu) is now an alias for the new name
> (mail1.vcu.edu).  Is it possible to let Listserv know to accept mail
> from the new name (which some users have changed their address to)
> when it has the old name as the address?

If I'm understanding correctly, you want LISTSERV to recognize
[log in to unmask]  as the same as  [log in to unmask]

If this is correct and you are the mail administrator for the domain, you can
go to:

http://www.lsoft.com/regaliases.html

to get those domains registered as equivalent, and such equivalences
are spread throughout the LISTSERV network.

If you are a LISTSERV administrator, want to make those equivalent,
but can't because you are not the mail admin for those sites, then
you can:
1) encourage the mail admins at the site to register
2) add them to your own aliases.names file, with the caveat that if
LISTSERV is operating in Networked or Tableless mode, your changes
will be clobbered next time an official update comes around if they
haven't been made official, and if you're in standalone mode, it will
get clobbered next time you upgrade LISTSERV.