Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:22:47 +1000
Hi Diana

>It is a Windows NT platform...
>IIS 4.0...
>I believe it is LSMTP
>
>when Listserv was first installed the scripts and archives directories
>were incorrectly stated in the web archives screen....they were changed
>indicate the correct directories....however, when we try to access
>something thru the www.listserv.stisidoreparish.org page, the address bar
>sayswww.listserv.stisidoreparish.orgc:/inetpub/incorrectfolder/etc...etc..
.

From the description you give above it looks like you should send a copy
of your LISTSERV configuration file.  It's called SITE.CFG and is found in
the X:\LISTSERV\MAIN\ directory (where X: is the drive that LISTSERV's
installed on).

It's a plain-text file so you can view it in Notepad and simply copy the
contents into a new e-mail.  Make sure you XXXX out the CREATEPW=
parameter before sending the e-mail.

>this project was initiated at our church by volunteers since there is no
>full time IT staff...so what they tried doing is uninstalling listserv
and
>reinstalling it to reset those variables...but now it seems like there
are
>multiple copies of listserv installed.....I would like to have only one
>LISTSERV program and make sure everything is running right...
>
>two things that I know I need for sure is to know how to completely
remove
>all existing listserv files or make sure there is only one directory with
>all the files that it need to run correctly and then make sure the
scripts
>and archives variables point to the correct directories..

Removing LISTSERV is normally as simple as going to Start -> Programs ->
LISTSERV -> Uninstall LISTSERV or else using the 'Add/Remove Programs'
applet in Control Panel.  You can do a search of your hard drive(s) for
any directories named 'LISTSERV' (without the quotes) to see if there are
any other installations in non-standard directories.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.