Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:15:28 -0500
"LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote on 01/29/2004 02:43:57 PM:

> Hi listserv admins,
>
> Sorry to dig up an old thread but we are thinking about using
> the command mentioned below i.e.
>
>     quiet change * *@old.domain *@new.domain
>
> and I need a little more information.
>
> (1) Are there any 'gotchas'?  (What can I say?  People here
>     are suspicious of anything that looks that simple.)
>
> (2) Will it work on 1.8d?

Nope, that part worked flawlessly for me. (I was the original poster of
the thread) The only issue I had was that we changed some usernames as
well at the same time and they had to be handled manually.  We're on 1.8e
on Windows though.

> Finally, if an owner has set up a personal password for the
> old id in the web interface, and that owner is also a subscriber
> and gets "changed", and then tries to use the password with
> either id in the web interface, it would be nice if that
> would just work.  Will the aliases.names entry be enough to
> save us from ourselves here?  :)  (I realize that to be tidy we
> really should fix any owner records, postmaster names etc. with
> the old form, but that will be a slower process....)

The users will have to register for a new account on the web interface.
List headers I think I had to massage them manually...

> Margaret King
> Michigan State University

Bill Brown
Former Moo U Student (back when they added the leading 0 the the 6 digit
stuident ID - how long is it now?)