Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 00:28:34 +0200
> I have been getting tons of spam reports from scomp@aol and they are
> all the same thing (...) It has me
> scratching my head and im very annoyed right now.

I quickly determined that I had to implement a new feature to deal with this because, while there were ways to make things better for me as the site administrator, there would always be some cases (digest, index, administrative messages, and more) where I would have no way to know for sure what user needs to be deleted from what list. The new code handles all cases (but not retroactively - only messages sent by the new code can be processed automatically). The results seem to hold:

2007-06-15     43 (Friday)
2007-06-16      5 (Saturday)
2007-06-17     11 (Sunday)
2007-06-18      7 (Monday)
2007-06-19      7 (Tuesday)
2007-06-20      7 (Wednesday)

And I kind of think that today might be a fluke - same guy going out of his way to report every posting in his mailbox as spam. He is deleted, re-deleted and ultra-deleted and absolutely never being reinstated. But even if it were 7 different people, this is pretty good given the ~5,400 AOL subscriptions I have on that server. Admittedly, not all lists are high-volume, but still.

  Eric