"Michael R. Gettes" <GETTES@PUCC>
Sun, 10 Sep 89 13:38:37 EDT
Public question to the author of LISTSERV:

Would  it be  a major  problem if  instead of  putting new  functionality into
listserv as  you have time  to work  on it you  were to begin  documenting the
existing functionality? I have the feeling that if you documented half as well
as you  can code  -- it  would be awesome!  This, of  course, would  allow for
others  to participate  in  the development  of listserv  with  you being  the
coordinator (or  someone else). Yes,  I am aware  of the problems  this brings
about, but  Eric, you  are but  one individual, and  ONE can  only do  so much
(albeit a  lot, but not everything!).  Included in the documentation  would be
the user point of view, the technical perspective, and insight as to how other
releases  work so  people  can  realize what  would  break an  older/different
listserv. We all hate documentation, but would you be willing to do this?

/mrg