Len Gaska <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 4 Mar 1995 16:32:27 -0700
I am looking for a host to sponsor a mailing list for exchange of
information on the dog breed Bouvier des Flandres.

The Bouvier des Flandres is a large cattle herding and general
farm dog that originates from northern France and Belgium. The
breed is quite popular in Europe and has been gaining steady
popularity in America.

The purpose of the list would be for Bouvier owners to exchange
information, provider information to new or prospective Bouvier
owners, assist in finding homes for abandoned Bouviers, and  provide
members with general information.

Several months ago, I created a short WWW page on Bouviers
(http://www.primenet.com/~gaska/bouvier.html) and recently,
a link to that page was established from rec.pets.dogs FAQ Homepage
(http://www.io.com/user/tittle/dogs-faq/homepage.html) and I started
receiving inquiries about Bouviers, specifically asking if there was a
mailing list on Bouviers. After searching for some time, I could not find
one and decided to try and establish one.

My Internet provider will establish a mailing list for me, but I cannot
afford the cost as it may be as much as $50 a month depending on the
number of subscribers and mail volume. Although I cannot predict the
number of subscribers, I have received messages indicating that at least
20 to 25 people are currently interested. I suspect that number will be
higher after an announcement is made in the appropriate Usenet groups.

As I do not subscribe to these lists, I would appreciate it for responses to
be mailed to [log in to unmask]

I thank you for your consideration and if you require further information,
please send me a message.

  Len Gaska & Sharon Kautto      "Drag me, drop me,
  [log in to unmask]              treat me like an object"
  http://www.primenet.com/~gaska/index.html