Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Jan 1995 16:32:10 +0100
Several people have  asked me why they're suddenly getting  errors from a
GUMNCC node  that doesn't  exist. As  you may have  heard, EARN  and RARE
merged recently, forming a new  organization called TERENA. This made the
node  name EARNCC  unsuitable, and  the new  name TERENA  chose for  this
system is GUMNCC.  So, EARNCC was renamed to GUMNCC  today - *before* the
definition of GUMNCC in BITEARN NODES and in the RSCS tables. This is why
you are getting all these errors. Needless  to say, I was as surprised as
you were; the  migration was originally planned for next  week, after the
registration of GUMNCC in the tables.

  Eric