Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Mon, 30 Nov 87 17:07:05 CST
> From:         Jose Maria Blasco Comellas <BLASCO@DBNGMD21>
>
> But, Judy, people want peers NOT because of traffic (as you
> say this is quite irrelevant when using mail-via=distribute) but
> for some other IMPORTANT reasons, mainly:
>
> * NOTEBOOKs. It is not nice to have to request a notebook from
>   BITNIC when the intercontinental lines are very busy. In fact

I keep notebooks (Actually SEPARATE files) for many lists that I do NOT have
peers for.  They are set up so that NO ONE can subscribe, and are simply
subordinate subscribers of the respective real list.  All the resources of
having a list are required, but no hassles from junk mail.

* name_of_list (log files only)
*
* ack=          no
* confidential= no