Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:21:05 EST
FILEMAXL defaults to 100000, and MAILMAXL defaults to FILEMAXL.  This
reflects a correction to the master 1.8d documentation that I don't think
has made it into the 1.8d beta docs online yet.

FWIW you should raise FILEMAXL in preference to raising MAILMAXL.  MAILMAXL
was added years ago to solve a very specific problem on VM BITNET servers.
Our recommendation is therefore to raise FILEMAXL if need be, but frankly
unless you're dealing with multiple-megabyte messages, you probably don't
need to raise this value.  100K lines of only 50 characters each is still
5MB...

Nathan