Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
"STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:51:54 -0500
text/plain (15 lines)
On 11 20, 2009, at 10:36 AM, Neil Carson wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> We have looked at Listserv on and off for a few years now.
> 
> I have a question. Does the latest release of Listserv or some other L-soft product have the below capabilities.
> 
> When It send and e-mail to a 'list' does it have the ability to 'track' 'Opens' ?
> Meaning: Can generate stats to inform you whether or not a recipient actually opened the e-mail ?

I doubt it. Unless you are going to use Listserv in a closed network where all the recipients are on the same network then I don't see how that would be possible with Listserv or any other list management package. The reason is that anyone who receives email can control what kind of acknowledgements they send and many email packages don't even have the capability to send acknowledgements when an email message is opened. Also, just because someone opens a message does not mean he or she reads the message, so the value of any such acknowledgment would be dubious at best.

If you use a closed system such as Microsoft Exchange for all the recipients, then I am reasonably sure you can get what you want, but in most situations that isn't possible, and like I said, there is never a guarantee that the recipients actually read your email messages.

ATOM RSS1 RSS2