"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 20:24:09 EST
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996 15:51:50 EST Peter M. Weiss said:
>Actually the OWNER-TEST-L does not (usally) appear in the RFC822
>headers but the RFC821 FROM field.  I believe your software is
>either misconfigured, or more than likely simply broken for
>displaying this as a SENDER.

   Yes, he did say he was using a Microsoft Mail product, didn't he?

   I want to put a smiley on this, but I am not amused by Microsoft Mail
products.  I suppose one  day Gates will fire the lot  and keep just the
2-3 people  he needs  to make a  working product that  does things  in a
friendly manner.  I think I am a dreamer, sometimes.

   Now if Microsoft  bought the rights to the Sendmail  "Your mail could
not be delivered for 4 hours"  message, they would have almost the whole
world of bad mail programs under the same roof.

   Maybe  I should  put together  my list  of the  Worst Mail  nonsense.
April 1st is coming ...

**  Geert K. Marien : [log in to unmask]  (Bitnet: GKMQC@PUCC)  **
**        ListOwner: AIRLINE, RAILROAD, STAMPS, The INDIA List        **
**    (All contents are my own opinions - unless otherwise stated)    **