"Heller, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:53:58 -0800
To echo what Margaret said, I do not intend to edit people's comments. I
originally jumped into this conversation about a week ago stating that it is
possible to edit messages that are sent to me for approval. And it is
possible to do this, at least the way my Outlook is set up. I feel I should
clarify my earlier statements about editing messages that come to me for
approval, as they seem to have touched off a good debate on what is and is
not proper etiquette.

I will edit a message when it needs to be "cleaned up." For example,
sometimes I get a MIME message that has plain text at the beginning, then a
copy of the text below in HTML. I will edit out the HTML and just leave the
plain text part. OR, if people cut and paste from Word or some other word
processor, often times apostrophes and spaces will be changed into other
characters. I'm sure you've all gotten a message with a bunch of = signs in
it. I will edit to clean this stuff out.

In no way would I ever edit someone's comments in any way.

Sincerely,
Paul Heller
Community Developer
Classroom Connect