Landy Manderson <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 23 Mar 1991 17:23:39 CST
I am going to join the wugate list to keep up with the "Internet LISTSERV",
but does anyone care to elaborate on exactly what differentiates an "Internet"
LISTSERV from (I guess) a "BITNET" LISTSERV?  Can the existing LISTSERV not
already send/receive messages and subscriptions from Internet connected
users?  Have there not already been some legal/ethical/moral/philosophical
discussions about calling these derivations "LISTSERV" in the first place?
(Especially since implementations like the wugate-based server do not seem
to accept the "usual" LISTSERV commands...)

I am not trying to imply that it is not a worthwhile and useful effort...I am
just trying to figure out where this fits in with the mechanisms already in
place.

Landy