John Delacour <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 10:45:51 +0100
I've noticed that x-flowed <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2646.txt>
messages posted to a listserv list I frequent are always displayed
with hard-wrapped paragraphs instead of flowing to the window as they
should (in compliant mailers -- not Microsoft stuff).

The cause of this is that the trailing space at the end of the
"flowable" lines is getting stripped.

If I include an 8-bit character in the message and use
quoted-printable, there is no problem, but curiously enough if I add
a no-break space (an 8-bit character) at the end of a line, this also
is stripped and the trick does not work.

Is this something that can be adjusted by the list owner or is it
simply that listserv is not dealing properly with format=flowed?

This message ought to flow to the window width but on the list I am
referring to it would not because it is plain us-ascii.  Let's see
what happen on this list.  If the lines are hard-wrapped in compliant
mailers, then it looks like a listserv bug.

JD