"A. Harry Williams" <HARRY@MARIST>
Thu, 28 Jan 88 16:33:56 EST
I would like to see this feature of execute this command on every Listserv
be done in a "deferred" mode, similar to AFD requests.  This will removed
some of the problem with Do i = 1 to 200 type loops, and allow movement
of commands to off peak hours.

In fact, maybe PEAK should be a locally defined value that can be changed
with timer events.  This GLOBAL command would save all such commands
to be issued during this time frame.  This would help eliminate US commands
arriving in Europe just as people start working, and impact the system.
They would be delayed until the next night.  This kind of command is
something that should be done, but isn't immediately needed.  Immediate
needs will only be 1 or 2 people, and can be done directly.

I'm glad to see Eric is thinking about this as any command.  This allows
future growth to sharing of information between Listservs, such as who is
backleveled BITEARN nodes, where a certain list is, etc.

Harry