Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 May 1991 14:41:24 EST
On Fri, 3 May 91 08:25:16 EDT Greg Kroll said:
>On Fri, 3 May 91 10:23:26 BST <KINSELLA@IRTCCARL> said:
>>...deleted...
>>Is there an easy solution? (I know the obvious one of log on as the student
>>but that is messy.)
>>
>Austin,
>
>  You will need POSTMASTER privilege to do this, but a good way to
>"unsubscribe" a user from any and all lists would be:
>
>for <userid>@<node> signoff * (netwide
>
>  where: <userid> = the userid of the person you are acting in behalf of.
>         <node>   = the node name of the above stated userid.
>
>POSTMASTER privilege is defined in LISTSERV's LOCAL SYSVARS file via the
>POSTMASTER= variable.  Hope this helps!

'Tis true, you'l need postmaster privileges,  but you'l also need NAS privs as
well.  This is true  especially if some of your local  users are subscribed to
lists  on other  hosts.   Those  hosts will  recognize  only  their own  local
postmaster,  which is  why you  need  to send  the  unsub request  from a  NAD
authorised account.

Stan Horwitz
Listserv Postmaster
Temple University