Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:06:08 -0500
I am currently listowner for two listserv lists.  I am a nurse and
professional board certified lactation consultant, and one list, LACTNET,
serves the purpose of connecting lactation professionals all over the world.
We support each other clinically, with regard to medications, and
techniques, education etc, on lactation issues, and have all types of health
care providers on our list including nurses, MDs, RDs, IBCLCs, and Ph.d
social scientists.  This list is an important connection for many
professionals world-wide. We are currently housed at Ummed but are being
asked to leave due to server problems. We have had wonderful help and
support there, and are sad to leave, although we now need a space for
LACTNET and for TLC.  TLC is a smaller less active list for La Leche League
Leaders.  It serves the purpose of connecting breastfeeding support people
around the world who would otherwise be disconnected and isolated.  TLC has
less than 1000 subscribers, and less than 100 messages per day.

LACTNET currently has  2500+ members, with traffic of up at 150 messages per
day.

We need a home for these two lists.  We are experienced listowners, and know
how to run Listserv software.  We want a stable home that runs Listserv, and
we do not take any funds, so we have none to pay.  The list is quite
academic, as one can see by joining and reading it.  We need a seamless
switch to another site, and we would like our archives ( 4 years worth) also
to come with us...as they are a valuable and integral part of our
information.  We currently have webpage archive interface, and we would like
to have this feature.

If anyone has any ideas of a stable home for our lists, please email me at
kbruce@together.net.. LACTNET and TLC are lists that do good humanitarian
work, and they would be a valuable addition to a site that wishes to focus
its efforts on such valuable human work.

Kind regards,

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
Williston, Vermont
mailto:[log in to unmask]
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html