"Lex Systems Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 08:52:27 -0600
We produce library automation software for schools, offices, and
smaller college libraries.

We have perhaps 150 sites now, and the number of them with
Internet connectivity is growing steadily.  We would like to provide:
        a. A forum for them to discuss cataloguing and other
            library issues.
        b. A means to update them with information regarding changes
            in cataloguing standards,  changes in our online system, and
            other library technical issues.

We do not propose to advertise or permit advertising, as the list will be
for those who have already purchased our system.  Notices of new
releases will be provided.

The initial group would probably be only 25-30 sites,  As manager
I would post several messages a day, and perhaps the inital group
would add 5 or 6 per day.    Traffic initially woudl be light.   New sales
have been promising, however, and we anticipate that this small
group will grow.

Would you be willing to host this listserve?  If so, what are the
conditions?

Thank you,

Jim Bruce

LEX SYSTEMS