Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:14:41 -0400
Everist, Benjamin S CTR USAF AFMC 377 MSG/CEMI wrote on 03/24/2008
09:57:56 AM:

> ...And the DoD users universally revile this security measure.  :)  I
> get that security and usability are tradeoffs.  There comes a point when
> your users begin to opt-out of your technology "solutions", and this one
> is rapidly approaching that.

I don't doubt that.  Do they hate the lack of fancy email, or the fact
that they don't receive messages because senders don't know how to send
plain text messages?

Does the message get rejected, or does the mail system strip it down to
plain text and deliver?  I have heard both from different sources, which
is the truth?

I can see where a stripped down message could be hard to read.

> Good security can in and of itself be bad
> security, if you can believe that.

Is that another one of those military oxymora?  :)

I know what you mean.  Like requiring passwords so complex that the only
way to remember them is to write them down.