Doug Essinger-Hileman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:11:47 -0500
On 2 Mar 2005 at 17:52, Ben Parker wrote:

> I am guessing this is a unix installation.

You have guessed correctly.

> There is some problem with
> the outbound mailer. It may have a limitation on the number of email
> addresses it will accept, or it may be trying to do DNS validation of
> each address in the BSMTP 'package' sent by LISTSERV (the mta must NOT
> do so at this time), or something else.  But this is a serious error
> and needs to be investigated and fixed.

Can you tell me how to check on these problems, please. Our list has
just moved to our own server, so I have some input on this. But I
know nothing about configuring or troubleshooting Postfix, which is
the outbound mailer we use. If you can point me in the right
direction, I can talk intelligently to the folk on our team who are
the Postfix gurus.

> This error is probably what is indirectly causing your digest size
> problem. It prevents LISTERV from sending the digest out at the proper
> time, so it continues to grow.  Some later time the (now larger)
> digest is able to be sent.

Thanks for the insight.

Doug