"T.J. J Jenkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 00:52:43 EDT
Hello everyone!

I am completely new to this list, and currently have
little reason to join in discussions.  However, I would
like to change that.  I was reading through the MLM
FAQ and this list was given as a place to find potential
hosts for LISTSERV mailing lists.

I am a fan of Tom Clancy.  There is, however, no mailing
list devoted to discussion of his works.  I would like to
change that--if at all possible.  I really don't know how
to run a list, or if anyone would even be interested in
sponsoring it for me.  You see, I don't have any capital
that I'm able to invest in this.  I have a computer running
Windows '95 with Juno.  I'm not in this to gain anything
insofar as interesting correspondence with fellow fans
of Mr Clancy.

The FAQ said to tell all of you certain things.  Well, I don't
particularly know what to tell you.  I doubt there would be
all that many subscribers.  No more than two hundred,
surely.  Probably 30 posts/per day.  That's just going on
experience and guesses.  I really don't know.  I'd just
like for now to get a feel for what's possible.   Is there
anybody out there that's interested?  Or knows who
might be?  If it isn't possible to get it completely free,
about how much does it cost to run a list?

Thank you all for your time and energy.

T.J. Jenkins