Len Rugen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 07:46:58 -0600
On Wed, 15 Feb 1995, Jeff Kell wrote:

> As a "low-tech" temporary solution, you can set the offending addresses
> mailing options to DIGEST and at least eliminate the daily traffic noise
> down to one bounce a day.

I'm almost sorry I asked this originally, the bounce messages were
somewhat more friendly than some of the responses....

However, some have been helpful and in this case I was able to identify
the offender.  If a host isn't available at least once in a while, I'm
just going to unsub them from the list.  Heck, it's free what do they
expect!

The REAL problem is when there's no apparent match between the addresses
in the message and any subscriber on the list.  Also, some errors list
ALL the receivers at the node when only one actaully causes the errors.

Len Rugen
Sr. Systems Programmer
University of Missouri
401 Clark Hall