Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:16:24 -0500
On 11/30/00 at 1:30 PM -0600, Jack Schmidt said:
>Hi!
>
>I have a user that wants to change their Notebook setting from listing
>information from weekly to monthly. I didn't find anything in the docs that
>said this was bad to do. Has anyone tried it? If so did it cause any
>problems? Can you go from monthly to weekly too?

I don't think this is a problem.   What happens is the server just starts building the different style notebooks.  The old style still shows up in the list of notebooks.  So if you were building monthly archives, you would have files of the form lstsrv-l.log0012.  If you switched to weekly, the system would start building archives of the form lstsrv-l.log0012a.  The log0012 file would still exist and contain articles sent before the change.

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Center for Academic Computing, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)