"Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Jul 1991 00:54:00 EST
Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> The only thing I can say is that LISTSERV uses the same address for these
> two fields (look at label SIGNOFF2  in LSVDEL EXEC). If some mail gateway
> were to rewrite the address in  the header, it would explain the problem.
> It would be a good idea to  define a ':internet.' tag for UCLAMVS to make
> life easier for the users, but presently the only solution is to re-issue
> the command after  making sure the 'To:' field  contains the domain-style
> address.

  Note that this user appears to be having the same problem I reported to
this list (with no response) about a week ago. In our case, we do have an
:internet tag defined, and are getting back _mailed_ "you are not subscri-
bed" message from LISTSERV in response to a SEND LISTSERV@somewhere SIGNOFF
message. The odd thing is that LISTSERV is sending it back with the person-
al name of the subscriber filled in, an item that is _impossible_ to get
from a SEND command.

  Curiouser and curiouser...

        Terry Kennedy           Operations Manager, Academic Computing
        [log in to unmask]     St. Peter's College, US
        [log in to unmask]    (201) 915-9381