Philip Kizer <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:03:30 -0500
Kirsten Petersen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Is there a command to search for an owner in the lists?  We have several
>people who must have set up their lists with an incorrect address for
>themselves as owner.  We get error messages, but the errors don't tell me
>which list the owner is on.

That's when (given that we're using one of the Unix versions, of course) I
resort to such schemes:

  cd ~listserv/home
  [ do a 'sh' right here if you're not using a Bourne-compatible shell ]
  for i in *.list; do listview $i | grep -i "owner *=.*UserNM" && echo $i ;done

( I usually use such mechanisms for searching for other things in the
  headers, such as shared archive directories, etc. )

-philip

--
Philip Kizer <[log in to unmask]>
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix