Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Nov 1990 23:34:02 CST
On Mon, 19 Nov 90 18:14:54 -0500 <[log in to unmask]> said:
>> Does anybody know how i implement the command who_is in my node ?
>> Thanks for all.
>>
>> Carlos Fernando Nogueira
>> Listserv Mait in Ufpb
>
>Frankly I am amazed that people still use and want to use this
>beast. The program is available from LISTSERV@PUCC as the
>WHOIS PACKAGE. Send to LISTSERV@PUCC the command GET WHOIS PACKAGE.
>
>This package is unsupported now (I gave it up 2 years ago when I
>first wrote it) and will not be developed to support changes in
>LISTSERV or the network. Even with this, people still want it...
>amazing!
>
>/mrg

    I don't find it that amazing.....it is at it's minimum, an
attempt to give users what I feel is the most lacking piece
of information they need to make use of the networks -- a
network directory.  Until X.500 services are wide spread *and*
go across networks (if ever), people will keep trying to use
what is available.  (do you get the feeling you hit a nerve with
me?)

Virtually,
Chris Barnes                           x045cb@tamvm1            (BITNET)
(409) 845-8300                         [log in to unmask]  (Internet)

     "No business success is worth a family failure"
"If you can't do it in 40 hr/wk, you're doing it wrong" - John Sestina