Marty Hoag <NU021172@NDSUVM1>
Wed, 27 Jul 88 10:16:20 CDT
   I decided to start out by converting a list where I had recent problems
that I thought DIST2 would alleviate.  It is not exactly a "small" list
but a peer on a redistribution for a digest so I felt I could keep
track of it fairly well.  And it was one which had a lot of "no recipient"
messages lately so I had promised the owner I would try DIST2...
   The change immediately paid off by uncovering two addresses which had
been skipped by DIST1 because they were not in the nodes tables (eg.
BITEARN NODES).  DIST2 will try to mail the items directly (not as
optimal but DIST2 assumes the "RSCS" route tables may be more current.
   Also, the messages in the log are nice!  They give the number of
recipients included in the "bundle" when mail is forwarded to another
LISTSERV for further redistribution.  Nice information.
   Anyway, so far so good...   I will keep watching this for a day or
two before I try another.

       Marty