Marv Kohn <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 May 1993 09:05:00 +0200
JS>OS2Copy and WPBACKUP for the 2.1 march beta now works.

John:

     Thanks.  Sorry I have not yet tested the beta2 you sent.  I have two
hpfs partitions.  One of them runs the Dec beta.  I installed the March
beta on the second partition a few weeks ago, but I am not using it much
for the following reason.
     Mathematica for Windows is set up on the Dec beta, and it is running
perfectly.  I tried to also install it on the March beta, and it runs, but
for some reason fonts in it are messed up in the March beta.  This is more
than an annoyance, because the spacing on exponents is incorrect.  So, in
some formulas, exponents are positioned over the wrong characters.  I am
not sure of the reason for this problem.  (The Mathematica people admit
that their program has some bugs handling fonts, but that they are fixed
in the upcoming release, to be shipped Real Soon Now).  At any rate, I can't
figure out what settings (Windows ini's, or Mathematica config, or OS/2
ini's or ea's) are correct in my Dec beta setup but are different in
my March beta installation.
     For this reason, I have been reluctant to overwrite the Dec beta
partition.  Hopefully the Mathematica problem will go away with the
upgraded version of Mathematica for Windows.

- Marv Kohn -    ([log in to unmask])
---
 ~ DeLuxe}/386 1.25 #9360 ~ -------This space for rent--------
 ~ QNet3a ~ ILink: The Executive Network ~ New York ~ 914 667-4567