Steve Younker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 May 1993 11:17:59 EDT
Hi Folks,

It seems that I have inadvertently generated a problem for one or more
people.

>Date:         Wed, 5 May 1993 18:04:39 CST
>From:         Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: mail routing
>
>On Wed, 5 May 1993 18:43:53 EDT, "Roy L. Lehmann" <[log in to unmask]> said:
>>Can anyone tell me why the following mail is being sent to
>>owner-psyche-d via rscs instead of being send to listserv by lmail?
>>
>>Roy L. Lehmann - Systems Programmer
>>Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research
>>[log in to unmask] -- VOICE MAIL: 914 365-2000 ext 1768
>
>Here's the key.  It would seem vm.utcc.utoronto.ca's SMTP does not have a
>defined MAILER.  SMTP has no knowledge of BITNET mailers, so is forced to
>deliver via RSCS.  Nothin' you can do.
>
>Utoronto.ca's being a pretty unfriendly citizen, but... Oh well!
>Bill

Bill, I certainly don't intend to be a bad citizen on the network.  I have
been testing LMAIL (as a replacement for our XWELL MAILER) and some traffic
mail be going by strange routes.  I don't quite have a handle on its
configuration.  I'm working on it.  Our SMTP machine, our LISTSERV, and the
test LMAIL machine SHOULD know about other MAILERs within the network.

When I think I've solved my installation problems, I may contact Roy to see
if he is receiving his mail properly.  There may be a few quirks to come yet.

Roy, I assume that this problem is very recent and is caused by my LMAIL
testing.  If it has been going on for some time, please contact me.

Thanks.

Steve Younker
Systems Group
University of Toronto