Liam Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 09:29:29 -0500
> On a list I have some DHS.gov subscribers. If a non DHS person sends to
> the list they receive the mail. However if the [log in to unmask] sends the
> mail the dhs.gov spam detection flags it as a spoofing attempt as the
> dhs.gov from address in the list email is coming from outside the
> dhs.gov domain.  I only have this issue on lists with dhs.gov
> subscribers. Is there a setting in it I need to change? I've looked
> through the help files and don't see anything yet.

One thing you might check would be to make sure that your lists are using
"*Sender=List".  If you have "*Sender=None", then for sites checking
SPF/SenderID records, your list messages may fail SPF checks on the
receiving end.  In this case, I don't actually see any SPF record for
DHS.GOV, so it may not solve the problem for these particular subscribers,
but then again, it may.

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst

Need LISTSERV or LISTSERV Maestro how-to advice?
Visit the L-Soft Tech Tip Archives at:
<http://www.lsoft.com/resources/techtip.asp>