Rainer M Woitok <MAINT@DERRZE1>
Mon, 3 Apr 89 10:48:00 CES
>The  problem is  that other  people request  that SIGNOFF  * (NETWIDE  be
>removed and  replaced by a short  note telling the person  in question to
>How do the rest  of you feel about this?

I think, I've  an urgent need for "SIGNOFF *  (NETWIDE" (or even better,
as June Genis  proposed: "SUSPEND * (NETWIDE"), whenever I  know I won't
see my terminal for a couple of days.  It simply won't do to bug our NAD
everytime to do it for me (and  of course for every other user receiving
enough mail)  and it  simply won't  do just to  do nothing,  because the
approximatly 50 mail  items I receive a day (most  of them from LISTSERV
lists) would soon  enough clog up my  reader and the spool  space of the
system.

Sincerely
 Rainer

| Rainer M. Woitok                 | Phone  : (+49 9131) 85-7811,-7031 |
| Regionales Rechenzentrum         | Fax    : (+49 9131) 30 29 41      |
| Friedrich-Alexander-Universitaet | e-Mail : [log in to unmask]     |
| D-8520 Erlangen                  |                                   |
| West Germany                     |                                   |