Vani Murarka <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:24:40 +0500
Hullo everybody here,

I want to start a mailing list, called 'The Interact Inn - All India Mailing
List' - which will be for discussing 'almost anything', but for people with
email access _IN_ India or for those who would like to contact people in
India regarding anything. It will be a
non-commercial-free-to-all-subscribers list.

Hence, I am looking for someone who would be willing to host the list for
free. If the traffic on the list becomes high (I do not know what is 'high'
in the mailing list world), then I do plan to move this list onto a
commercial service, but it will be great if someone can host the list for
around 18 months, if not more.

At the end of the mail, a draft of the planned welcome file is appended to
give you a further idea, as to what the list is for.

Thanks a ton -

Regards

Vani Murarka

---- draft of welcome file ----
Welcome to The Interact Inn - Mailing List!

Below are a few essential things that you need to know about this mailing list.

Currently even though more and more people in India are getting onto the
Internet everyday, one hardly finds any meeting place where they can
interact with each other or exchange information.

This list is for the purpose of providing an easy means of interacting
*specially* to the Internet users in India. Most of the subscribers to the
list are either *in* India or are interested in contacting people in India.

Mails that you send to the list at the email address <list address> will
automatically be sent to subscribers all over the country, and likewise you
will receive mail from all other subscribers of the list.

Your mails may pertain to *anything* whatsoever, as long as

1. They are relevant to people in India
2. It does not contain offensive matter.

Examples of how you may use the list :
1. To announce or give details of a service (which may or may not be
supported on the Internet, new website, forthcoming event)
2. To inquire about some information or contact that you may be seeking.
Others in The Interact Inn may be knowing the answer.
3. To share opinions or experiences regarding on any topic - whether it be
finance, Internet, social events, entertainment or anything else.
4. To respond to others' mails.
5. Anything else that you feel the need for or can think of. This list is yours.

If you have *any* problems using this list, please feel free to contact the
list maintainer, Vani Murarka at <[log in to unmask]>.

So here's wishing you countless fruitful and enjoyable experiences with The
Interact Inn -

Regards

Your List Maintainer - Vani Murarka.

The Interact Inn - All India Mailing List. Shortname : iinn