"Duane D. Weaver" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 May 1991 10:01:17 EDT
The following is my posting to UCLAMAIL list concerning the use or
handling of X- records.  Duane
Here at Ohio State, we are using ACCESS to send mail out to Internet.

I believe that there is a problem with how ACCESS handles X-To: records.

A user on OHSTMVSA sends mail to 2 lists at the same time.  Listserv receives
to mail files from UCLAMAIL post office.   Listserv changes the
To: list1,
    list2

      list2

All of the subscribers to list1 are on OHSTMVSA, however 2 of the subscribers
are subscribed with the Internet address for OHSTMVSA.  When mail is sent out,
mail goes from Listserv to MAILER, to SMTP, and to ACCESS.   For some
unknown reason, ACCESS forwards one copy back to the same list with all of the
mail headers created by the list.  ACCESS then remails another copy back to the
list, which Listserv croaks about since it contains the exact same body of text
as the first mailing.

Our MVS MAIL person was able to duplicate the problem without even using
Listserv; simply adding a X-To: record.

Has anyone else come accross this problem?

Duane Weaver