Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 07:46:07 -0500
On 7/26/2004 1:22 AM, David Rosenthal D.O. wrote:
> 1) Does anyone have HTML pages (with a cgi backend perhaps), that allow a
> site administrator to have new list owners pick the options they want to
> have in their new list with some checkboxes and fill in forms for the name
> of the list, the description of the list, the info file, the owners,
> moderators, etc.  It would be great if a cgi could generate the list config
> and mail it to the site admin so I could then create the list to the list
> owners specifications in a semi-automated way.

We have web-based list request forms for course-related lists, general purpose
lists, and alumni club and association lists. The forms are served from our
enterprise web server, in order to take advantage of a forms-processing CGI
that is available on that server. The form output is sent by email to our
problem/request tracking system, where it is automatically dispatched to the
appropriate queue. See http://listserv.nd.edu/ and follow the link labelled
'Request a new list'.

I will ask our Web Services team for a copy of the CGI behind the web forms
service.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator