Giles Hogben <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:01:58 -0000

> >2. I've been playing with creating lists by email which are on a DBMS
back
> >end. The log keeps saying it's created a column (which it needs to do in
the
> >subscriber table) - but the column doesn't appear even after the first
> >subscriber appears to be in there:
>
> Does the 'listserv' user (whatever identity it is running under in the
DBMS)
> have the 'create table' permissions as recommended?  If not, then the
'listserv'
> user probably doesn't have the privs necessary to create the column.  You
may
> need to turn on logging on the DBMS side to see what it is doing.  This
may also
> be DBMS dependent.

Thanks for reply to 1 - actually I've solved this particular one - the
default database was wrong and Lsoft was creating all the lists in a new
table:

The problem I'm having now is that when I then try to subscribe a new
subscriber to the list, it says he's already subscribed even though he's not
entered into the list in the dbms  . . .