Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:01:18 -0500
On 6 Nov 2003, Barak Moshe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We have some 4500 courses lists. With scripts, we daily add and delete new
> members to each course/list. If a student ought to be on a list (i.e he is
> registered to the course) and he removed himself, he will be added the next
> morning. This works great. Of course, if students knew about setting their
> account to NOMAIL, they could bypass this mechanism..

We, too, have thousands of course-related lists which are refreshed nightly.
We addressed the NOMAIL issue by adding a step to the nightly refresh process
for each list. If a student sets his/her subscription to NOMAIL, it is reset
to MAIL during the next nightly processing cycle.

----- example: job to refresh xyz-l -----
unlock xyz-l
quiet delete xyz-l dd=xyzdel brief pw=********
//xyzdel dd *