"Richard Seifert, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Jul 1991 11:00:41 EDT
     HELP!  I am not sure what happened, or if it might have anything to do
with the fact that I updated LISTSERV to 1.7a yesterday, but below is a
console log of a problem I encountered this morning:

TELL LISTSERV FOR userid SUB listname personal name
Ready; T=0.05/0.06 10:57:54
* You are not a registered NAD (Node Administrator) for node CLVM. The NADs
* for this node are DAVIDC@CLEMSON and [log in to unmask]

     The account that I issued this command from is the owner of the list in
question, and should be able to do this, correct?  But the bigger question is,
why the big-time screw-up with the NAD?

     Some background : I do have the old style BITEARN NODES file, but
according to the docs that came with the new LISTSERV, that shouldn't matter.
Is it possible that I misread the docs and 1.7a needs the new file format?
The list in question is private (closed) subscription, and that is why I am
trying to add people in this fashion.

     Of course, it is possible that I messed up somewhere else, like using the
wrong command to try to add the person, in which case I will gladly accept
comments pointing me in the right direction. :-)

     Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rich

Richard Seifert, Jr                    BITNET---MAINT@CLVM
Systems Programmer/Postmaster/NAd      [log in to unmask]
Educational Resources Center
Clarkson University