Amy Stinson <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:08:54 -0500
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade to Classic here in the near future and need
some help/advice.

I am primarily upgrading to have the search capabilities enabled.
However the ideal thing would be to only enable it on an individual
subscriber basis (much like review, nopost, and renew).  I see no way
to do this, so I'm leaning towards creating a sub list of every list
and putting those subscribers that I want to be able to search the
archives on that list (nomail, nopost subscriptions closed) and then
giving them instructions on how to access the information from the
web.  On the other hand, I REALLY don't want to disable the archives
for the main lists, I just want to keep certain subscribers from
searching those archives. Question:  Can I use a list exit for this
purpose?  I can alter the list template from the web effectively
disabling it for most subscribers.

I hope someone here has an answer for me.

Amy

Amy Stinson
Amy's Answers, LLC
LISTHOST.com