Steve Younker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Jan 89 10:32:09 EST

>Date:         Wed, 11 Jan 89 10:00:09 EST
>Sender:       Revised LISTSERV forum <LSTSRV-L@RUTVM1>
>From:         Paul Ribeiro <[log in to unmask]>
>To:           Steve Younker <YOUNKER@UTORONTO>
>
>Could someone tell me why UToronto's LISTSERV thinks Canada01 is
>closer to Ryerson than itself? Do other Listservs think Canada01
>is closer to us than UToronto too?

We are in the process of moving several PEERed lists from CANADA01 to
UTORONTO in preparation for the NetNorth/BITNET link being switched from
CANADA01 to UTORONTO.

While we were trying to make to the switch, we (I) ran into a glitch or two
along the way.  I suspect that all will be returned to normal in the very
near future, I hope.  :-)  At that time Ryerson will again be just down the
street from the UofT.

While I'm at it, I might as well explain that several LISTSERV's around the
U.S. experienced problems when I tried to set up for the move.  I believe I
have been able to back out of the problems that were created and that nobody
else will receive wierd messages again or least until the actual attempt to
PEER occurs.

So, if anybody experiences any problems with any of their lists and they think
that the gremlin originated here, please let me know at:

Thanks for your patience.

Steve Younker, Postmaster - University of Toronto