Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:23:56 -0500
On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Adrianne Schutt wrote:

>         Is there a way to prevent list members from downloading notebook
> files?  I'd like subscribers to be able to surf the archived posts
> individually as per usual, while preventing them from downloading huge chunks.
>
>         I'm likely missing something right in front of my face, but I've checked
> the manuals, searched and browsed the archives....and nothing's turning on
> the lightbulb.  Any clues would be appreciated.

Yup, what you're missing is that this is not possible and it makes no
sense. What would you hope to achieve by restricting downloads of
notebooks, but permitting subscribers to view them? If they can view your
notebooks, then they can cut and paste them. You can't have it both ways.
Either your list's archived postings are available to subscribers, or
they're not.