Dave Simon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 17:52:10 PST
Dear List Servers,

Below is an extract from a thread with LSoft tech support.  If you are running
cc:Mail and LISTSERV 1.8c, you may have experience that would help us get to the
bottom of this problem.

With all due respect to LSoft, their response is that this is a cc:Mail problem
(which it may well be) and the work around that I stumbled upon is a
"coincidence".  Not a lot of help.

Dave
-------------Dave wrote on 8/4/97----------------------
Dear Support,

Since I last contacted you with the message below, I have done some further
testing.  While I have not found out what is causing the problem described
below, I do know how to "fix" (workaround!) it.

It seems that the lists that had the "cc" problem were last PUT by an owner at
our domain, SFSIERRA.SIERRACLUB.ORG.  (The LISTSERV resides at
LISTS.SIERRACLUB.ORG.)  So, when the header of the problem lists were PUT by a
site administrator not at our home domain, the problem went away!  Go figure.

Yet, this is excellent news as now the lists are fully functional again.  Only I
would still like to figure out why the "cc" problem was occurring so that we can
actually PUT lists from our own email ids.  Any ideas?

Dave

PS  One of the "fixed" lists is our HELP4-WEBMASTERS list, where I now receive
messages with "bcc".  On another list, HELP4-LISTOWNERS, I receive messages as
"cc".
Dear Support,

There is a LISTSERV behavior that I don't completely understand.  I have users
complaining so it is time to address it.   We are running LISTSERV 1.8c
WindowsNT, LSMTP, and cc:Mail on our LAN.  Here is the problem...

For the longest time, a user would get a message with the following addressing: