Scott Ophof <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Oct 90 22:14:09 SET
On Tue, 2 Oct 1990 08:49:05 MET John F. Chandler said:

>>   I just got the following puzzlegram back from [log in to unmask] It seems
>> to think I sent a duplicated posting, which I didn't. Also, I sent my post-
>> ing to [log in to unmask] Comments, anyone?
>
>The same thing happened to me a month or so ago.  Somehow, a mail file
>was replicated 3 1/2 times between the time it left this node and the

Is the following a description of the same thing, or am I describing a
different animal?  If not related, please tell me so privately, and I'll
quit "bugging" you..."  :-)

Every so often (no regular thing, not often, say once a month or less)
I get an e-mail item which looks allright, until I get to where the
author "ends" his note.
BUT: this is only 1/3 of the item; the rest is two duplications of the
BODY of the item.  The second and third occurrances are preceded by what
looks to me like the job control stuff used to indicate to whom the item
is meant to be delivered.
I first thought of posting this to XMAILER, but I don't feel it belongs
there, right?  See following excerpt.

Regards & thanks.
Scott/