"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 13 Nov 1994 08:56:12 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>, H-Amstdy Comoderator
<[log in to unmask]> says:

An owner can define zero, one, or more (max ?? 11 or 13 ??) explicit
topics, plus the implicit reserved NONE, ALL, OTHER.  A subscriber
can filter on the same implicit+explicit set.  A poster can include
none, one, more topics: in the Subject: line.  Thus I guess you
can have your cake and eat it too: you skim for your topic of
interest, or exclude those topics in which you are NOT interested.

OTHER means that a "non-defined" topic is being used.  New subscribers
are assigned ALL implicitly, unless the owner has over-riden that
assignment with the DEFAULT-TOPICS= value.

When updating existing topics, you need to be careful.  I refer you
back to the LSTOWN-L archives for the ifs/ands/ors/buts.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask] "My lists are w/o PEERS ;-)"   s/me    +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA