"William H. Verity (814) 865-4758" <WHV@PSUVM>
Wed, 29 Jul 87 14:36 EDT
Newsgroups and Message-Id headers will assist with the NETNEWS interface of
course, but they don't appear to help with the other problems.  Files from
this list appear on my reader as LSTSRV-L MAIL.  This is because we are
running the Mailer and it picks its fileid based on the SENDER:  header.
As Eric pointed out, changing this field to be the human to get transport
messages will make it harder to detect mail from the lists.  For me, this
list would appear as MONTEIRO MAIL.  Is this tolerable?  I am currently
porting 62 lists into Netnews here.  I don't think this change would affect
me very much but others might find it unacceptable.